View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 07:10 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  
bobdrop

Hi all. Just wanted to post one more time to finish off the weekend.

Strawberry, I too want to make it to 6 months, but not as an end goal, but I hope to feel what I've heard others say about that general time frame. I keep getting to 2-3 months and then not going on to 6 months. 20 years ago, I did 5 years sober, but in a far different frame of mind. I was mad all the time because I was young and didn't want to stop. Did for heart problems. Anyway, I think if I can get to 6 months now, after everything I've learned and experienced, I can make it a lifetime move. I've actually done a lot of thinking about why so many of us think we've cured ourselves after a couple of months of sobriety. It must be because so much changes physically in our body, that we figure it must be the same in our brain as well. It's just not. I don't know why, it's just not, and I think I've finally convinced myself of that. Sitting in the club last night, I was fine, even enjoying myself. But I know down the road, my mind is going to play tricks with me, making me think anything, if it will get me to a drink. Hence, I'm hoping that this kind of stuff will mostly be gone by 6 months.

Sorry for rambling.

Have a great week everyone!