View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 06:26 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
venuscat

Originally Posted by badgerden View Post
Belated congrats Tree, or can I be the first to congratulate you on 7 years??

Well Self Absorbed Co-Worker comes back to work Sunday, Part of me is happy she did not lose her job, I do not believe she should have, first time offense and all, okay, first time she got caught, lets be real here. The other part of me did not want her to keep it. I was secretly hoping she would be let go. I am not proud of myself for thinking /hoping that would happen, my shallowness is showing big time here. I have kind of a fake friend thing going on with her if that makes any sense at all. My work status would have been upped a little as I would then be senior, no change financially , just a chain of command thing, although as a FTO I out rank her anyway,,,,,sorry babbling,,,,

Is she still drinking? I have no idea , I am sure it will come up in conversation at some point only time will tell that part of her life and decisions.

I for one am grateful to no longer be drinking and that I can thank all of you for helping me being able to say that.

To finish my rambling I have a Dr. appt tomorrow for a 12 year over due physical. For years I would not go because I knew my labs would bring light to how much I was drinking, (couldn't have that threatened could we?) I figure after a year and a half I should be were I am going to be liver wise. I am going to be honest of my history which will be the first time I have spoken the truth aloud to anyone, scared to be honest. So positive thoughts my way would be appreciated.

babbling / rambling over,,, carry on.

Lori
Wow honey.....what a big step. Well done you....re the physical.
And I bet your labs are GREAT!!!

I don't think you are being shallow in any way: I think it is a perfectly understandable reaction to kind of not want her to come back to work.

Boy is she lucky by the way.....to have not gotten fired.....I don't know how she managed that. So maybe she learned a bit? And maybe not.

Good luck with your appt love. ♥♥