View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 11:01 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
KremlinDusk

Thank you all for the warm welcome! The cravings were a little worse today. I still had a half bottle in the back of my car and AV was telling me too take just a couple sips because I was doing great and can control myself now. UH no, nice try, bish.

Instead of drinking on my lunch I read this forum and your responses, your support and encouragement, and that really helped pull me back Cant wait to go back to the gym. I agree with those who mentioned it:: exercise and health will definitely be key to long term motivator for sobriety!

Originally Posted by Bathbomb View Post
I don't want to freak you out as this was just my experience but I felt awful for the first 11 days. My body ached especially my back, then my joints hurt and then I had 2 days of sharp headaches. I was lucky in a way as I was able to just take it easy and be kind to myself till I felt better. I took a lot of baths. They didn't help but it was a good excuse to be by myself. I wasn't fun to be around. On day 12 I woke up feeling human again. It was kind of like the flu now that I think about it oh and night sweats, they're a real treat. I was also flooded with different emotions. Mostly shame and anger all aimed at myself. The first couple of weeks were difficult and did feel never ending but hang in there. I hope you're doing okay. Just be kind to yourself. I guess our bodies have a lot of healing to do. Keep strong. Drink water. We can do this.
oh wow I been have the same muscle tension issues! I also feel fluish after waking up too Glad you're feeling better. Totally agree our bodies need time to heal after the years of poisoning we did to it. We're ARE gonna weather this storm though!