Old 05-02-2019, 02:11 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Katerina1072

Thanks, Trailmix. You're right about romanticizing the relationship and dreaming about what could be and should be. That's probably the hardest part about letting go. It also means letting go of all of those hopes and dreams we talked about and the future we once saw. What's left is the unknown. It's beyond sad to know that none of those things will ever come to pass, no matter how much we wanted them. I wanted them with all of my heart and soul, but sadly he wanted to hold on to his addiction instead of me.

He's coming by to get more things in a bit. I asked him to spend a few hours here Friday so that he can pack everything that's left and remove it. It's the only way I'm going to get closure. And I need to find a way to lovingly (and sternly) let him know this really is goodbye, regardless of his denial or what he would like to happen down the line. It's no longer about what he wants, and I need to find a way to break that to him tomorrow while letting him know that I still believe he can get help, and that I'll be here (as a friend) should he ever decide to get it.