Old 05-02-2019, 08:21 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
MesaMan

A memorably-stellar Day 'round here yesterday...

My P/T Neighbor - a violent Alcoholic with 6 DUIs - has left the proverbial Building. The Ag Operation adjacent [~2,000' away] he *kinda* ran as a Junior Owner - mostly from afar - sold yesterday. He's now 2 Hours away [where he's stayed for Years], and not around periodically to make Life difficult for us. Like, putting in an illegal 'Spite' Gate to keep us off our own Land while we built this House. I ripped it out while he was in Jail on his 4th DUI. That was 1 of 2 times I almost pulled a Restraining Order, as the Sheriff suggested I do. The on-site Manager who actually runs the Joint and I are good Pals. He tells me the new Owner is an older, nice Guy from Aspen CO with Money who's carrying on the Operation with his 2 Daughters. Cosmic thanks be to Odin & Wotan!

This now-Late Stage Alcoholic Neighbor taught me a lot about Addict Behavior. Some Years ago, he emptied a 10 Bullet Clip 'in my general direction', to use that Monty Python line. As fast as he could pull the Trigger repeatedly. I returned the favor, and shot back. I learned in Middle School about how to handle Bullies, and steadfast resolve settles such confrontations one way or another. He settled down quite a bit after I shot towards him. 19 Years on, we're finally free. And, I'm permanently Sober.

The Universe is happy for us as well, so Sunset last Night was a good 'un. And, sincere congrats Forward!

-> A Hat Tip to Caramel a few Weeks ago here for the reference to how Pismo Beach CA was named. We hit the Beach there in >2 Weeks, and the Research I subsequently delved into from that Tip will make for a much more enjoyable stay. Plus, not unlike pulling an All-Nighter at University, this Trip is providing a good deadline for me to bust on assorted Trailer Upgrades.

In keeping with the most-interesting Theme this Week [thanks, Mags], here's a little Spoken Word Tune from a favorite Prog Rock Group of mine. Perhaps the most interesting ~5 Minutes of sound you'll hear all Day...

~ 'Elephant Talk' ~ King Crimson ~