Old 05-02-2019, 05:19 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
August252015

You're not alone - my experience was that I DID do illegal stuff like shoplifting (I got quit adept at it, for a time) and be semi-blacked out whatever either while doing it (always at least drunk enough for my morals to be totally dismissed) or when the cops arrived a day or two later. Cuz you know, my brilliant self did something like stole a wallet from a lady at the grocery right by my house and turns out she knew me.

Other times I blacked out and woke up....not where or with whom I had a clue....

So not paranoid dreams, but nightmares - because yeah, I was afraid I'd "done [it] again." But I was sober, so thank God, it was just a dream.

I'm not sure how long you have been sober but these semi-reality based dreams about our drinking lives faded for me. A couple left permanent reminders of the insane life I had.

Keeping on the sober path is the only way my mind has settled. Now I dream about legit life situations - usually kinda funny because true facts are mingled up with stuff that ain't real.