View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 09:36 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Mags1
Magsie

Morning Overs

Itchy, yeah you’re right, it’s the taxes what increase the costs on our fuel, how did I forget that! Anyhow, as my hubby says, it is what it is.

Sassy, I hope you’re feeling better and ready for you’re cruise. Will you have internet on the water?

Itchy, I worked in a petrol station when I was 18 and the cost of petrol then was 25pence a gallon, but of course our wages were much lower then too!

You know, the older I get the more I realise, women just don’t think like men, at all really! And it can be an advantage I think. It can help a great relationship or cause bedlam!

Something funny just came to my mind so I’m going to tell you about it.
My first marriage, well, that ended amicably, but whilst married he worked for awhile in Germany and I went out for a visit. I caught endless trains and on one of them I was sat in a compartment with about 8-10 people, it was full.
I can’t remember exactly the name of the town I was going to, but it was something like season, I know we passed through Düsseldorf on the train.(police with guns came on the train, quite alarming)
Anyhow, this old man (he was probably only 40 with a beard, my concept of old was childlike, if you’re over 30, you’re old!) I’m now officially ancient, in my younger eyes!
I digress. The guy with the beard smiled at me and asked where I was travelling too, in German!, then in English. I got out my phrase book, ready to astound my fellow passengers with my German, when after a few sentences from me, the bearded guy said ‘You will cause world war 3’, he had a smile in his eyes as he said it, but to this day, I have no idea what it sounded like I’d said from my pronunciation. All the people smiled in the compartment too, so it may have been some German joke. I laughed too!

I was so full of life in those days but also like a pressure cooker waiting to explode. So much kept inside of me. Ah well, I’m pleased that is all behind me.

I hope I didn’t bore you with my German travel, many years later, I’d forgotten all about it when, on a film I was watching, the actor was using a phrase book to thank the royalty of the country, which instead came out as something completely different and very funny. I howled laughing, remembering my German train journey.

Have a good Thursday my friends.