View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 05:01 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Itchy
Re-Member

Thanks Dee,
I am doing all I can, and the house is bought already, now I just have to get my SH up there and come back and finish the rest of the selling of house and vehicles.

Andy,
That is huge! Congrats! And know I agree with Dee that you are an inspiration in many more ways than just sobriety. I say just because all we have to do is not do something repeatedly to stay sober. Your family and your husbandry of it are the inspiration. You are even designing your own furnace setup! Brilliant as you say over there.

Mags,
Several years back I realized we went from almost nothing save some antiques and family heirlooms and photos videos, after RVing for seven years fulltime, to having gotten buildings full of "stuff" again!
I actually sold a lot of power woodchippers, electric start tiller, and large air compressors and the like when I realized for once a year use it was cheaper to rent them than keep their maintenance up. When we are moved I intend to winnow myself down to the bare necessities. Clinical in choosing is a good way to put it.
Regardless of the discomfort does wearing a mask stop the itching and rashes for you? I do hope your episodes get less and less and the docs can find relief for you.

Sassy,
You bought stuff for the cruise now get well and go have fun! I do hope you feel better. And it already happened. I sold my floor jacks so I gave my friend that overhauled my carb on the tractor last week a bunch of fluids I wouldn't need and I gave him a can of Gunk engine degreaser, as I had another can of Gunk Citrus engine cleaner. Well I needed that other can so I asked him to bring it back if he didn't mind so much. He did, since I already gave him a dozen cans of lubes and other stuff that was half full anyway. Remember movers also charge by weight. So I can get full new cans without a years worth of dust already on them.

Star,
I liked Carlin the whole time, the saltier the better. <wink> Hey the fuel is less in Colorado than here because they are lower taxes I guess.

Mags,
When I first went to Germany and stayed seven years assigned there, (1990-1997)their fuel off base was about five bucks a gallon. We bought fuel on base for stateside price of about a buck a gallon-$1.50. We could buy books of coupons that gave us a discount at the major German stations back then and pay about our home base price when we were traveling and touring in Europe on our off duty/vacation/weekend time. IT will drop soon as demand decreases with electric cars and autonomous driving Uber and Lyft electric cars become ubiquitous. Fossil fuels are already headed to extinction. ICE (Internal Combustion Engine) age vehicles are going away worldwide. And no one feels sorry for the oil industry who make hay out of buyers getting a tax credit for buying electric, while the oil companies take trillions a year in subsidies. I will enjoy seeing that at least begin. Europe is already legislating for cities and soon their countries will go all green, while the US gets further behind. It is a great time to be alive!

Got the Baja spare remote lock unlock user programmable key Fob from eBay and when it did not program for this user the local Subaru dealer got it programmed free.

People are just great if we give them half a chance. There are two kinds of people in the world (not a joke) those who want to control others, and those who don't. I don't because controlling people is like herding cats. Just be a moderator on a website like Dee and the others here are for a few months. Most don't last.

Everyone have a great hump day, and a smooth slide into your weekends.