View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 03:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
thegrasshopper

Originally Posted by djlook View Post
Hello, thegrasshopper.

Reading your post gave me cold chills. I was in a relationship with a man identical to him for five years and it almost killed me. When I would see his number on the caller ID, I'd start trembling in fear. I went to a couple of psychiatrists, Al-Anon, therapists, church, anything, to make the obsession go away. What I did learn in Al-Anon was I was as obsessed with him as he was a drink. I'd tell myself I was not going to contact him, I would contact him only as a friend. I had a complete nervous breakdown and ended up addicted to prescription pills. The doctors had me on so much medication I would go into blackouts and disappear for weeks at a time.

I can't even talk about this anymore. I have post-traumatic stress from the whole ordeal. The only "advice" I would give you is run like hell.

Thank you for this. It did cross my mind that he is like an addiction to me, I know I should not talk to him and have him in my life, but cannot stop myself at the same time. A lot of people tell me that alcoholics have this in them, to manipulate others like that.
I am glad you managed to escape from him and his influence. I hope with time things get better for you.