View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 01:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
thegrasshopper

Hi,
Thanks for the reply! It really is helpful. I will certainly take the advice on making a list.
The thing is I don't have trouble remembering the bad stuff. It's just that I overlook it and prefer to focus on the good stuff. He did treat me like a queen :-(

And the reason why he talks to me now is because I encouraged it.. It is my fault. He did cut me off and it was me who initiated the contact again as I am coming back to work soon and I feel that we shou;d try to make it work between us. I thought that becoming friends would help and would be easier than trying to pretend like we have no history. He can be very cold and distant and can make the work environment very unpleasant (he has done this in the past when things weren't going how he wanted them to). We do work very closely together unfortunately and I feel like I have no escape and no choice really.
I also feel that talking to him now helps me massively in the sense that when I hear his stories and what stupid things he does it actually makes it easier for me to get over him as I see with more clarity who or how he really is (an ******* basically). But one of my friends thinks that I do this, because I want him in my life in ANY way and so will basically accept anything that he is happy to give me.. Even if it hurtful to me.