Old 04-30-2019, 12:19 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
SparkleKitty

Originally Posted by Surfbee View Post
He said if I really love him then why do I take what he says so personally? Why do I get so easily hurt? I say because it's hurtful. Because I love you and I don't want you to say unnecessary hurtful things. whether it's about someone else or not, it's just not nice. He says he loves me but i'm too emotional and hormonal, therefore can't be with me anymore.
This looks and sounds to me like nothing more than the justification of a person who is looking to bail. I'm sorry that he has somehow managed to convince you that not only is it your fault, but that it has anything to do with you at all.

It is not your job to rise above everything all the time. It is not your job to be what you think is "perfect" but what I would describe as "inhuman." Our emotions--like physical pain-- are indications that something is wrong. We are not built to ignore them, we are built to listen to them and address the source.

I'm sorry he is not who you hoped he was or would be. But YOU are exactly who you should be, and who you need to be right now, not for HIM, but for you and your baby. Beating yourself up for not being able to mold yourself into the unrealistic person he has convinced you you should be will get you nowhere. Loving yourself, respecting yourself enough to reject those who treat you badly and then tell you it's your fault will make all the difference, Surfbee.

You are enough. Just you, by yourself.