Old 04-30-2019, 05:30 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  
biminiblue

Long days folks. I make plans, see? Like.... 'tomorrow I will start of routine, ready for going back to study...a walk, healthy b/fast, then art study..etc'. Then I wake up with a migraine aura, and being stubborn, attempt to fight it- just with brufen and Panadol, rather than take the antimigraine med...and so sleep another 3h..
Oh, man PJ. I used to get horrible migraines, all through my 30s and 40s. They really can mess with your whole life. I used to do the same thing - didn't want to waste the migraine medication because it often didn't last me until my insurance would pay for more. At $60 per dose, I couldn't afford to waste it and by the time I would finally break down and take it I had gotten so bad I would have rather died. For reals. I used to say that, "I'd rather be dead." Migraines are horrible horrible. I pretty much had no social life at all because I just couldn't. I feel for you.

On the no family thing, though. I don't have any family either and I have come to terms with the self-pity part of it. Ain't nothin' I can do about it and I am not going to spend my life in the what-ifs. Of course there have been times I've been pretty morose about it. Just not any more. Sobriety helped that a LOT, my mind is more easily re-focused onto happier, better things now.

Vinny, here's a good advertisement for this area...

Don't anyone else move here! It rains all the time! This is the one sunny day of the year!!