Old 04-30-2019, 05:08 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  
PhoenixJ

Shared on a few threads.

Long days folks. I make plans, see? Like.... 'tomorrow I will start of routine, ready for going back to study...a walk, healthy b/fast, then art study..etc'. Then I wake up with a migraine aura, and being stubborn, attempt to fight it- just with brufen and Panadol, rather than take the antimigraine med...and so sleep another 3h..

Or the next day- same plan- then only sleep 3-4h, and by midday am exhausted just by doing activities of daily living. So I am still going to set routine like tasks- but be more flexible instead of having a rigid structure of times and expected outcomes. Go with the flow. When these setbacks occur- I do okay, do the mindful crap- the gratitude stuff, journal, breathe, HALTS etcetc- BUT then the automatic dysfunctional default comes in that, as usual I am avoiding doing anything productive- because I prefer being a victim, thus I am hopeless and a failure. So I fight this- and do what I have to do, plus more- but never as much as I want. Even after significant surgery with 50 sutures, pain, immobility and no immediate family for support- I do well, but do not feel as if I am doing well. It is like the only feelings in my onion layers transcendental journal of healing- are negative...so much hard work to do.

Hang loose folks. Remember- the are 2 kinds of people in this world- people with beards and nothing else.
Bloods for check up tomorrow, then Burns Unit, then Psychologist- then arrange another burns unit appt for physio/OT.