View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 03:45 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  
Numblady

Thanks for all the support for screen free week! I’m obviously not really doing the challenge but I am going to stay off FB to greatest extent possible and I’m just staying off my phones other than to check for urgent work stuff, especially when they are awake. I was actually coaching my daughter through one day at a time thought process yesterday. . I’ve also finally started reading a book about screen addiction in children (and presumably relevant to adults too). Yikes! Almost scared to educate myself...

And speaking of, just as I sort of avoid learning about screen addiction and sugar addiction, I’m grateful that I’ve at least been willing to remove my blinders about alcohol and I no longer have to scour the Internet clinging to articles that supposedly validate health benefits. As far as I can tell they validate the health benefits of...grapes and fruit. Not exactly breaking news.
Grateful for the rituals of my cats. How they stay downstairs until close enough in the night to my waking and then they wait for me in the bathroom.
Grateful I finally checked a couple of things off the to-do list yesterday that had been on there a long time!
Grateful to be up early to work out.
Grateful for cold brew coffee.
Grateful for tailors and anyone who knows how to sew.
Grateful for the kindness and non-lecturing support this group offers.