Old 04-29-2019, 09:14 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  
MesaMan

Hey Mags ~

Yah, Solar Energy Systems of all sizes are really catching on here. I run a hefty 540 Watts via 2 - 270 Watt Panels [Pic below], and am going to add a 3rd Panel for 810 Watts. Cuz it's paid for, and sitting in my Shop. We don't use much 120 Volt AC Mains Power - converted up from 12 Volts DC Battery power - while Boondocking. I've mod'ded everything from this Laptop to all my Techno Toys to a Fan for MesaDog to run off 12 Volts Battery-fed DC stored in four weighty Golf Cart Batteries. The point of 'over-Paneling' is to live Life comfortably during ~3 Days of Clouds, or in Morning Fog while - say - Beach-side in California! Tougher to charge the 4 Storage Batteries in such conditions.

Meanwhile, as it goes with so many things in 'Murica - larger is better - one RV Forum I'm on is geared toward Systems large enough to run a small Village in China. Residential Fridges. Microwaves. Induction Cooktops. Absolutely [and literally] over-the-top. As seen linked below.

I'm big on distraction in the early Days of hanging up our Drinking Shoes, so perhaps some will find such readings - as I do - at least a good giggle...

~ RV Bus Solar Systems ~