Old 04-29-2019, 03:34 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  
MesaMan

Mundane Monday, Troopz ~

Jez meandering along while knocking off pre-CA Trailer Trip chores. New Tires on the Trailer. Putting in a new Entertainment Center/Radio/DVD Player. Pressurized and sanitized the Water System just to ensure nuffin' froze over Winter. We A-OK. Plotted our Route out to the Coast last Night, and can make it in 3x ~300 Mile Days. Mebbe all in a row. Mebbe not. Surf & Seagulls beckon.

Adding a 2nd, unexpected phase to my Pal's Truck Camper Solar Project. He's keen on the idea of having his Truck Alternator charge extra Batteries as they drive, so we're hitting that Upgrade later this Week. He imagines this stuff. I execute. Kinda funk Weather here now, but at least not the ~1' of Snow now falling up in the Mountains. Warmth & Sun for us to work in by this Thursday.

Later this Year should see me finally muster initiative to build in a proper Arts & Crafts Fireplace with long, smooth slab Flagstone Seats by Windows on either Side. ~20' long overall. The Projects that get done when Sober, eh? The highlight will be 4 Art Deco Tiles from the '30s got in Scotland one Trip. I'm opting for Propane Gas Fuel [LPG] because I need to step heat output up/down in this Super-Insulated Joint. Otherwise, it'll roast us out. A trick Flue can punch through a Exterior Wall out the back. It exhausts while a concentric 2nd Ring simultaneously, safely draws in combustion Air w/o pulling in cold Air from elsewhere. Our recent visit to the Frank Lloyd Wright Complex in Scottsdale AZ got me inspired! I can't create as well as I can copy, so I'll cobble together a grand Fireplace idea from the Pix linked here:

~ Arts & Crafts Fireplace Pix ~

For ST, here's a bit of Luthier mastery seen in Phoenix AZ at the Musical Instrument Museum...