View Single Post
Old 04-27-2019, 07:41 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  
OtherSideOfMe

Day 4

I made it to Day 4. In my earlier attempts, the early days are not usually so hard. The alcohol witch (the voice) was going strong yesterday though and I almost caved.

It was such a beautiful day yesterday, a trigger, as it gives thoughts of a "peaceful" early to late evening sitting out on the patio drinking an IPA down with each cigarette I light. Also, my 17 year old would not be home, so I wouldn't have to worry about her knowledge of this "escape" I get to do when she's not home, which is somewhat frequent as she is heavily involved in theatre after school stuff.

From 2-6, I heard, "you can just start over again" or "just for today" and "it would be so nice". I thought about my accountability here and even thought, "i could just have a cheat day, no one would know".

Then I recalled a blog I read here when a woman was speaking of "playing the tape through", not just to the next day's hangover, but to do days upon weeks this cheat day would take me.

So, I resisted. Even was honest with my husband and told him that I resisted the urge to grab a six pack on my way home and he hugged me. I laughed at dinner and felt very connected with my family.

Now it's a new day, didn't sleep that well, but being tired is much better than feeling like **** with a hangover. Overcoming the alcohol witch in me makes me feel very empowered. Feeling grateful and fortunate to have been given a test, and passed it, so early in the game.

Day 4 here we go.

Sorry for the long post, but had to share.