View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 12:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
hopeful4

Thank you Mango and Suki. I am really thinking hard about it and evaluating my options.

Mango, thank you for asking about my dad. He is doing ok. He is settled into the memory care unit, it's a wonderful place full of kindness. I believe him to be overmedicated, I am talking to my mom about that this weekend. I know a contributing factor to that is that he sundowns so it makes him so much more tired in the day when we see him. It's a sad disease, but I do realize it could be worse than it is.

He is in an upscale place with about 15 patients total. I have gotten to know them very well, and it's been a shock to see how quickly they can go. One of the ladies passed away unexpectedly which broke my heart, she was my favorite friend. Another was just up and walking around with me one day, and less than a week later in a wheel chair, and less than a month later has been put on hospice and they don't think he will last long. It's quite shocking and hard because it's quite easy to become very attached.

Mango, I also have been meaning to ask you how your DS is doing?? I am hoping he is doing well my friend.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend!