View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 06:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mandosca

Looking for recommendations, Date Night!

Good Morning Everyone!

I was laying here trying to figure out what my husband and I can do tonight that won’t involve drinking and I thought I could ask the experts! My husband and I both just quit (Day two) and anytime that we were kid free or trying to spend time together pre-sobriety we would hang out on the porch and drink and smoke (neither of us even smoke!! How dumb!) until the early hours. My husband is a VERY quiet person and the alcohol always helped him talk more and I loved it because it was time together that I actually felt like we connected. Obviously that won’t work anymore.

I guess what I am looking for is maybe some ideas or things that you and your significant other did to fill that void of time but also some tips or tricks on how we can still communicate, connect etc. Even just stories and experiences about what happened when you and your partner stopped having that drinking time together.

My husband and I live in a rural town in New England and it’s a cold rainy day. Well will be going out/ kid free after 4:30 pm and I’m stumped as to what we can do. Ideas anyone?

Hearing from everyone else whether it’s advice, tips or experiences has always been a huge help for me when trying to stay sober so Thank You in advance! I’m going to need all the help I can get because I know as the day goes on my mind will convince myself that drinking “just one more night” will be ok, we all know it won’t.

Thanks guys! :-)