View Single Post
Old 04-24-2019, 09:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Caprice6

Vent on here, all you want, but I'd suggest from experience and therapy, to let the anger subside until you're collected enough to address the issue without making it worse.
May be inane, but yesterday during a game 7 my team lost in, I kept receiving comments over the course of the game. As a fan, I was boiling angry at that point, and replied ''My therapist told me not to say anything while angry, I will address your comments when I am ready.'' By the end of the second period I did, in a calm, rational manner....another reply (still disappointed but in control, I commented what my point of view was of the aforementioned players/game and my take. Then, even if it sounded a little harsh, I ended it with, ''with all that's been said and done, I have no further comments to add, and have no interest in pursuing debates over it. You are free to your opinions.''
Dead silence after (otherwise these inane ''debates'' would have continued).
I was in control, anger aside, but still not happy, disappointed, but I had time to take in what was said, collect my thoughts, and then address the issues in mainly one statement 1 by 1.
My advice is to let the anger subside, collect your thoughts, make your points/side respectfully but firmly known in respect to what when down and to calmly and rationally address the issue with them then.