Old 04-22-2019, 05:33 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
DriGuy

Is the glass half empty or is it half full? I have often been charmed by this philosophical question, which gains it's strength by pointing out that how we perceive things can influence our state of mind. But ego defense mechanisms, like rationalization and projection accomplish the same things. We turn to those because they make us feel better.

Take a hard look at the question logically instead of philosophically.
Is the glass half empty or half full? Answer: It's half a glass, and will always be no more or less than half a glass whether it is either half full or half empty.

You can choose to see things in a positive or negative way, but sometimes you just see them as they are, and sometimes the sliver lining has a cloud. This is not the ideal because we don't live in Utopia.

The video is depressing for me overall. The video does what it's supposed to do. It's a warning about playing with alcohol, and it drives that point home well in a thought provoking way. The guy in the report now has a glass that's one tenth full, and that's better than nothing, and I can applaud, but not in a spirit of jubilation as if his glass was now full.