Old 04-21-2019, 03:09 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Sasha1972

Originally Posted by DriGuy View Post
OK, that made me laugh out loud. He's actually so bad that I feel sorry for him. I mean if you're going to attempt to pull off a crafty manipulation of the system, don't make a fool out of yourself with something that you obviously haven't thought through.

And that is his problem. He just wants to control something so bad that he's thoughtlessly flailing at the air. It's like he has no realization that he's not holding a single winning card. The game is over. Everyone has laid their cards on the table for all to see, and he's still trying to win, and he doesn't even know what game everyone is playing to begin with.

It's sad.
Thanks - this ^^^ really helps me to remember that the last thing to go is the desire to control. This individual has lost his career, his health, his friends, two marriages, most of his money, possibly his relationship with his only child - he is trying to impress his will on the universe in any way he can. His actions don't make sense from a goal-oriented way of thinking because they are not goal-oriented - this is control for the sake of control, which manifests as drama, intrigue, prolongation of engagement ...