View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 04:33 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  
Seren
Forum Leader

Good morning, Beachn:

It sounds as though the place your wife went was a total sham. (SMH) I'm sorry she went through that. I'm sorry you were treated that way by a "counselor". Homework about any rehab is vitally important. Salvation Army has a wonderful program and it's free, so price has nothing to do with the quality of the rehab.

You can correct me if I'm wrong, Beachn, but it seemed to me as though you were saying that you believed "early recovery" meant someone with 5 years or less of recovery under their belt.

It's true that there are some people who stop drinking and never address the other issues in their lives. But in my experience, someone who has put the time into recovery from addiction, who has addressed all the "why's" that drove them there, who have completely changed their thought processes, is a far more stable person than most--due to all the hard work.

Over the time you have been here, you have received advice from a broad range of SR members. Those who have been through and are still going through experiences similar to your own--and those who have successfully entered recovery and are speaking to you about your wife's experiences from the other side.

There has been a lot of "us" against "them" lately in the F&FA forum--a lot of "reactivity", and I've never found that to be the best way forward. Please remember that we all have our own burdens and hardships that can't be known through a computer screen. Let's give each other a bit of grace and compassion.

Peace,
Seren

Last edited by Seren; 04-19-2019 at 06:05 AM.