View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 01:00 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

Beachn…...just another wee thought of mine.....Really, it doesn't sound to me like you have had close relationships with many recovering addicts.....it doesn't SOUND like it, to me...but, please excuse me if I presume too much....
I will say that it is very possible that you have met many recovering addicts, in the course of your ordinary living, without even noticing it....Now--I am talking about those who may be several months to, say, 1.2.3.4.5 yrs. of diligently working their program....
They might be the lady at the check out counter, the guy who fixed the brakes on your car; the accountant who works down the hall; a lady who walks her dog to the dog park, near your house; the anchor on the evening news; the gardener who trims your boxwoods; the woman who teaches beginning ballet to your daughter's friends....
Because...once into a genuine program of recovery...these people behave as "healthy" as anyone else.....and, perhaps better, in some cases...lol...
They do not parade their sobriety or take other people's inventory...they wear an attitude of humility and strive to be honest in all their dealings.....and, they probably savor every day of their hard earned sobriety.....

Again...I am just saying...
(dandylion tends to have a lot to say...lol)….