View Single Post
Old 04-17-2019, 04:40 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

It's more of me knowing myself and the things I carry with me that have tripped me up. Sometimes it very difficult not to have negative emotions or thoughts which have also been my downfall. I'm just trying as each day goes to be a better person and make better decisions instead of being impulsive and getting a case of the f-its.
For me it's two things - the first is that drinking is not the answer.

If I drink over my resentments that's my inability to find a healthy resolution to those resentments - not the fault of the people I have resentments with.

the second is resentments are almost always about me not being treated the way I think I should be treated.

Sometimes people treat me fairly or reasonably but not the way I want them to. Thats my problem to fix.

Only I can decide whether my expectations are fair or not.

It shouldn't feed into my insecurities and lead me to go f it. Thats the old way of operating- the way that leads me time and again back to a drink.

I don't want to run that circuit anymore and I'm betting you don't either getitrght.

Then ...sometimes sure - people treat me badly.
Its my choice whether I take that or not.

Either way the solution is probably communication or maybe a no contact kind of action - not drinking

D