View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 11:13 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
margbella

Thanks Hevyn 🙂. I am just clinging to the thought of how wonderful it will be to live without my self imposed sheckles. I used to look at people, and I'm talking like as near ago as last week, and be envious they lived clean, addiction free lives, while I was chained and a slave to mine.
Had to make sure I had a stock of painkillers if I went anywhere. Couldn't go longer than half an hour without a cigarette and was always looking for exits to go smoke when I went anywhere. Drink could just take me when it wanted and destroy my life, again and again.
I have a smoking app on my phone and I have gone over 100 hours without a cig, I couldn't go half hour before, like I said. If nothing else, the packing in smoking cold turkey has been a crash course in urge ignoring and I'm sure will be of great help if I get an urge to drink. Just as having resisted the urge for painkillers a month ago helped practice to resist this urge to smoke.

I read a post by someone bexxed on another thread, who said they did little things for their future selves, it tickled me! I hope my bloody future self appreciates this haha