View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 02:38 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
margbella

532guy (have missed a number?) and Hevyn thanks for the encouragement 🙂
Thank goodness the restlessness especially in my legs, caused by nicotine withdrawal seems to be dying down. I slept for 2 hours last night, longest sleep all week.
I have aches in all of my joints, think that is because coming off painkillers after so long, it takes time for the brains natural painkillers to start working properly again, so I feel pain that normally could be overcome by my own natural painkillers, were they working properly.
Same with coming off the drink, brain chemistry all ****** up, especially concentration and sleep.
Plus got hell of a headache.
I have a mouthful of ulcers too, that is because I haven't smoked for days. It's a withdrawal symptom and an unfortunate one as I can't seem to stop eating!.

I am in a lot of discomfort, but not as much as I have been. Cigarette cravings come and go, no longer constant and getting less intense.

The physical discomfort is nothing compared to the absolute mental torment I was in 7 days ago after the **** show I caused after my last week of drinking. Hurt people badly just by having gotten drunk and staying that way for a week.
Never felt so low in my life as when I sobered up to devestation I had caused.

So I don't care how uncomfortable I feel for how long, the physical stuff is a walk in the park. And the only way to get to a good mental place is to never go back to those toxic drugs again.