View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 01:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
DontRemember

Originally Posted by getright15 View Post
I've been going to meetings about 3 times a week as my schedule allows for now. I'll be working with th e steps process again with my sponsor as he recommended.

When I mention resentments it's not based on steps or getting ahead of myself. It's more of me knowing myself and the things I carry with me that have tripped me up. Sometimes it very difficult not to have negative emotions or thoughts which have also been my downfall. I'm just trying as each day goes to be a better person and make better decisions instead of being impulsive and getting a case of the f-its.
I was mad/resentful at a lot of my drinking actions and behavior for a few months after I quit. Most times that led me back to drinking.. Once I accepted that my past was just that...my past. I stopped with the negative self sabatoge. I know you're still dealing with some legal ramifications,but looking back at my self, I only used that as another excuse. Legal stuff I couldn't change, I drank at it. Relationship stuff I couldn't change, I drank at it.. I didn't know what to do or how to process my thoughts/emotions,so I drank at it. I was drinking at my past and current 'problems', instead of working for a positive way forward. When I stopped drinking and over thinking most things started to work out as good as possible and if they didn't.. I accepted it and got on with my life as best I could.