View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 06:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
MLD51
Giving up is NOT an option.

Regrets and resentments have derailed many a person seeking sobriety. I didn't even realize how many resentments I was carrying around until I got to step 4, because I'm the kind of person who turns all that kind of stuff on myself. I accept blame and responsibility for just about everything that goes wrong in a relationship. So the resentments were never really getting addressed. Once I laid it all out on paper, it was easier for me to see that I really was angry deep down at a few key people in my life. Then I was able to figure out what part I played, and what I needed to do about it. I was finally able to accept that some people had really violated boundaries, and I did too. But it was several months before I could even really be clear enough in my head to even start that process. I think I started my 4th step at about 5 months.

Try not to get ahead of yourself. Might be a good idea to start writing things out as they occur to you. That really did help me to get things sorted in my head. Then I was more able to let things go that I really had no control over.