View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 02:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
margbella

Thank you for the replies and welcome 🙂. My opiate addiction I wouldn't call serious, I took OTC codiene containing tablets every day 6 a day for 30 years, but the codiene dose wasn't enormous. I did have a mighty uncomfortable time withdrawing cold turkey from them though. Some symptoms still here.

The drink, I binge drank for 20 years. Would have days, maybe few weeks when I wouldn't drink, and then drink for a week straight, day and night, a bottle of spirits a day. I went cold turkey off a week long heavy binge, but there had only been 2 days between the end of week long binge before that and beginning of last one. Withdrawals were pretty horrifying, but I they always were. Still don't feel really right after a week, but doing ok.

The smoking, I had smoked for 35years. I have tried giving up with nicotine replacement methods in the past, but didn't like dragging things on, like being in a constant state of nicotine withdrawal. This time I have gone cold turkey. The last 3 days have been horrible, I have never craved anything in my life like I have craved cigarettes these last 3 days. Today is day 4, didn't get out of bed craving so much the nicotine as the comfort of smoking a cig.
I am using AVRT. I don't look upon it that I have 3 Beasts to defeat, but an addiction Beast with 3 heads