Old 04-15-2019, 09:48 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
MindfulMan
No Dogma Please

Originally Posted by itshardtosignup View Post
thats the struggle im having right now, is identifying a higher power.
can i just offer that i wish finding a higher power was that simple for me? whatever god i pray to tends to not answer back, and if i won a prize for being sober im unaware of what it was except health and money. not to be crass, but realistically, i get laid less and spend alot of time alone.
I thank you for your reply, and I almost cant believe what i typed in my first posts here. I trivialized my own health and went right back to taking it for granted. Im an ingrate and shouldn't be.

It reminds me of this guy i met long ago who was a big whoop of some sort in Vegas, and almost died in a Florida ER. He quit drinking, goes to aa meetings and told me once that alcohol makes people selfish. Yeah I sure hear his words when I re-read my post. A spoiled brat who acted like an ingrate for his meld score dropping from 40 to 6. (i am the person I am mocking here, if it wasn't clear)

Thank you for taking a moment to reply to me, I will post more when i get over being embarrassed about that first try.
Nothing to be ashamed of.

Still an agnostic.
Still can't define a higher power.
Still not doing 12 Step recovery
Still sober, almost 2 years now
Still no urge to drink

It's not for everybody, and there are other ways to make the sober journey.