Old 04-15-2019, 08:32 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
itshardtosignup

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi and welcome
I guess it depends what you're praying for.

For example, I used to pray with tears in my eyes for God to stop me drinking....looking back now it turns out I needed to do a little work myself to make that happen and make it stick, so I reckons that's why I got no reply.

I'm guessing getting laid isn't really what you want more out of life?

What do you really want? who do you really want to be? how hard are you prepared to work to make that happen?

I think we have to make a sober life we love - for me that was about purpose and meaning, making connections with people and being the best me I can be.

I also reconnected with the god of my understanding - I held a grudge again that guy for along time

D
I thank you for your reply, and I almost cant believe what i typed in my first posts here. I trivialized my own health and went right back to taking it for granted. Im an ingrate and shouldn't be.

It reminds me of this guy i met long ago who was a big whoop of some sort in Vegas, and almost died in a Florida ER. He quit drinking, goes to aa meetings and told me once that alcohol makes people selfish. Yeah I sure hear his words when I re-read my post. A spoiled brat who acted like an ingrate for his meld score dropping from 40 to 6. (i am the person I am mocking here, if it wasn't clear)

Thank you for taking a moment to reply to me, I will post more when i get over being embarrassed about that first try.