View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 09:10 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  
kenton

I feel so grateful to be a recovering alcoholic. Even on the worst days of recovery, I can always think 'at least I didn't drink today' and that means I end the day with a win. Every day I don't drink is a win. And I'm learning that that's just the start. I'm learning recovery is so much more than not drinking. It's way more than that. It's about reconnecting with who I am at my core.... It's about seeking my life's purpose..... It's about staring into the darkest parts of my soul and finding strength there. And I get to experience all of this because I'm a recovering alcoholic. Lately I've been thinking and worrying about someone I know, someone I love, who isn't an addict but who seems to have lost her way in life. I've been thinking about how she would benefit from a 24 hour thread. But she isn't an addict so doesn't need to recover from addiction. But when she speaks, she says things that make me think she does need to recover. From something. Something that she doesn't mask with alcohol but something nonetheless. Maybe everyone needs to recover from something? I've suggested she come to my mindfulness group. I think meditation will help.... Even if it just helps point her in the direction of the help she needs. After speaking to her, I realise that I'm so lucky. How incredible that my recovery has a home. I can come here and be with people who understand. I can share and learn and grow and feel safe. Because I'm a recovering alcoholic. And I'm so grateful for that. Congratulations to everyone celebrating a milestone today and 24 more for me please xxx