View Single Post
Old 04-14-2019, 11:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
August252015

Podcasts & Recovery

Hi all -

A recent focus area of mine has been finding podcasts on recovery. There are a lot out there that range from addiction to drugs and alcohol, relationship issues (codependency; parenting kids when you are sober; dealing with a spouse who won't quit, on and on), mental health issues (and often their commingling with substance abuse).

Faves I have - perhaps y'all can contribute yours?
(Dee, if this should be in another section, since it's not just for newcomers and goes across all recovery methods, would you please move?)

-Recovery Rocks (one 12 step and one totally different method(s) host, out of NYC, Lisa and Tawny)
- Busy Living Sober (Elizabeth "Busy" Chance and she has guests with stories often connected to relationships and family)
-Dax Shepard's armchair expert where he talks about life, recovery, has lots of interesting and often famous guests
- Recovery Happy Hour
-The Unruffled Podcast on Art and Recovery
-For the Love with Jen Hatmaker (she has topics like mindfulness and vulnerability from guests such as Richard Rohr and Brene Brown)
-To Know We Are Not Alone - a mental health podcast that is also exploring overlap with addiction and alcoholism and on which I was just a guest (Alcoholism, Acceptance and Self Care)
- The Garnish: A Podcast by Toast (restaurant industry issues and upcoming episodes about addiction within)

I'm late to the party on listening to podcasts at all, but it's on my mind since my first spot just came out!