View Single Post
Old 04-11-2019, 06:51 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
CRRHCC

Originally Posted by Kristen187 View Post
Hi my name is Kristen

Someone told me if I posted here I would get some support. I am really desperate right now so anything is better than nothing.

Currently I've beaten a heroin addiction, battling a meth, weed and alcohol addiction. I don't know how I'm going to get through this but i have to as I'm staying with family and it can't always be this way

Any support or advice is much appreciated
Welcome to the human race, where we all experience adversity, frustration and anxiety. We don't get addicted to a substance that we have not learned does something for us. We all experience specific circumstances in life that become intolerable and overwhelming for us. It is these specific circumstances that cause us to feel helpless and trapped and we escape the trap with drugs. We regain control of our feelings with a quick fix or mood changer of chemicals. This is a bad decision but works in the short term.

Now it's time to change your thinking and change your life. Regain control of your helpless trapped emotions by replacing that helpless trapped, powerless feeling with some other empowering value or behavior. This is hard to do when you are still in physical withdrawal. Pray about it, think about, choose a better life.

"Don't conform to this world, but be transformed with new thinking."Romans 12:2