Thread: Relapsed Codie
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 11:11 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
codieinSC

Originally Posted by FallenAngelina View Post
Everything you've listed here gets more and more pronounced, the longer you involve yourself in an unhealthy relationship, which (I'm coming to believe) is the very nature of a relationship with an active alcoholic.
I was in Al Anon before and found it helpful but not as helpful as SR because I was too shy and unable to speak to anyone. I listened the whole time, didn’t share. I’m looking into it here but my community is too small for me to be comfortable, so I’d have to go to another town, which I’d do. Working the steps would be really helpful to me.

I don't understand why being invovled with an active alcoholic intensifies my depression and anxiety but you’re right that it does. Maybe it’s because on a quantum level, there’s a huge energy imbalance. He sucks energy; I give it.

On the surface, I wasn’t in denial. I was aware I was in an unhealthy relationship and wasn’t doing anything to stop it. But more deeply, I am only just piercing the denial about the cost of this relationship to my life.