View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 01:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
August252015

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
why now?

why not now? if the universe gave you the power to choose when the "bad thing" happens, exactly when would YOU pick?

i don't believe any power greater TESTS our sobriety.
i think we already make it hard enough without any outside help!
LIFE happens. to everyone. regardless of whether they are four days sober, or just had their 103rd birthday on earth.

it's just a thing. the next indicated thing. you and your wife will find a way through and it's possible it could be quite magical on the other side.
^^^^THAT.

The best thing you said is that this didn't make you want to drink, 5329.

The really important thing, well said above - is that we get to start dealing with life and its good and bad SOBER. So, we have a chance to get thru stuff. Whether the problems we caused when drinking were big or small and need clean up (bc there WILL be things you did that need cleaning up), or new things that happen to us in sobriety, working a program of AA like you are JUST beginning (more on that in a sec) is what gets me thru.

At the very start - there's a lot to learn and, truly, I couldn't grasp just how much my perspective on life and problems and....would change, in some ways quickly and others slowly.

I know you are so detail oriented and a planner so this is understandably challenging to just that part of the picture! My now husband and I have had a couple of job things (loss and gain, both) that have had us adjust our financial picture, and still take it in shorter-term "chunks" because we simply can't do everything we want right this minute based on the choices we have made about what my work path is now.

If you stay sober, off to this great start you have, you and your wife have the best chance possible, as the two professional and capable people you clearly are, to get thru this - and I'm betting, learn a lot in the process.

Glad you are here with us- and think of how perfect the timing was that you got sober 19 days BEFORE this happened. That's a pretty major plus column piece.