Thread: Comorbidity
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 01:37 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
DontRemember

Originally Posted by Tetrax View Post
I know it so. The problem is, the whole issue is: HOW DO YOU FILL THE HOLE??? I just did 23 days sober then drank for 1 day then did 5 days sober, now I've been 2 days not sober. I know sober and I know how bored and on my own it is. I admit I've built a life made for drinking and that's why I'm alone. I'm a bartender and live with other bartenders. It's scary how much I've built my life to bow down at the alter of booze. I've never done a 9-5 job, I've only ever worked as a barman. I don't get normal people. Even alcoholics with normal jobs. Plus I'm on Prozac and have a bunch of mental health s**t to deal with! I am the complete neurotic, basically.

I wouldn't mind a relationship but can't imagine one anytime soon or ever. I'm 34; I had a couple of girlfriends in my mid-20s, but they were both shallow as hell.

And that is it. The story of my love life.

Two girlfriends in 34 years. I am a f***ing loser, pretty much ugly. In good shape but basically a born geek in the sense that girls only ever want me as a friend. And only occasional confidence. I'm not suicidal but I might as well be.

And on top of all that, there is NOTHING. NOTHING like drink to keep me motivated. Goshdamn...
The only thing continued drinking motivated me to do was continue my drinking lifestyle. Continuing NOT drinking motivates me to do whatever I want. I still work 14hrs/day most days.. I'm still single after my last 'drinking buddy gf' of 13yrs..my daughter's still an ass some days.. I still deal with other people's 'nonsense' daily on a business level... I'm still sober. My sobriety started by not drinking.. It is really that simple. One thing..dont drink. Then work through your stuff.. Pay off debt..save some money..go to meetings and/or therapy...ect.. Dumb it down,man..take it slow and start by stopping drinking..