Thread: Comorbidity
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 11:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
MantaLady
Ocean Lover!

Thing is Tetrax that you don’t fill the hole, you learn how to heal it! That is the point of having a plan and working a programme. I used to think life was boring without a drink. But, was just confusing the feeling of boredom with the reality which I was not comfortable in my own skin so I blamed boredom as that meant I could stay in a state of denial and not do the hard yards to remain sober.

Like virtually every other addict I did not like stepping out of my comfort zone. Getting drunk and creating drama was what I had become comfortable with, that was my normal and I didn’t know how to live any other way. I also deep down wasn’t willing to step out of my comfort zone and really try to live any other way. When it got hard I would always return to that comfort zone.

You could get another room somewhere, spareroom has thousands of people looking to rent out their spare rooms to people or for a house share so maybe look into that option.

It’s not who you are that is holding you back Tetrax, it’s who you think you are not! x