Thread: Comorbidity
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 11:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
trailmix

Originally Posted by Tetrax View Post
And on top of all that, there is NOTHING. NOTHING like drink to keep me motivated. Goshdamn...
What do you want? How are you going to get there?

If drinking is motivating you, what exactly is it motivating you for and is that where you want to be. Doesn't sound like it.

I have a lot of things I would say to you tetrax (I'm not an alcoholic btw) but when I read about your boredom and the void you feel I felt compelled to reply.

I am rarely bored, have no huge void in my life and I seldom drink. So what is the difference?

You have built your life around alcohol, as you said and that is a fact. If you want to quit you are going to have to get up and fill that void with what you want in your life. The first part is to stop drinking. How can you heal your mind if you are drinking? How can you change the pleasure pathways in your brain if you won't stop? You won't. You can do it though, if you want it badly enough.

On the rare occasions that I am bored (and it is rare) I look for interesting information to read about and think about. I get up and I do something, whether that is going out somewhere, going for a walk or cleaning the kitchen, listening to music.

These things may all seem flat to you without alcohol. How about taking some time to heal and you might find you actually appreciate things "real".

Sorry it's late and this post is a bit "rambly" but I do wish you well. I think you have it in you.