Thread: Steel Magnolias
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2003, 09:55 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Hangin' In
Southern through and through

Being a born and bred southern belle (Atlanta, Ga is where my mama birthed me.... , I'd like to invite all ya'll over this weekend to watch Steel Magnolias. Of course, I'll have the television out on the veranda where I'll be serving lemonade (started to say 'mint juleps' but I thought that might not be the best choice. And besides, I don't have a clue as to how to make them...lol. Well hey, I do good to make a mean glass of diet pepsi!... )

And I won't take no for an answer from any of you steel magnolias here. I want all of my fella magnolias to enjoy swatting the mosquitos right along with me while we share our war stories. Oh oh, and make sure you wear your hooped skirt. (It does wonder for hiding those less than petite hips - uh, not that any of you would have less than petite hips. Just speaking for myself there... ) But darn, sitting in those hooped skirts is the worst! You sit and they fly up in the front and reveal your pantaloons to God and everyone else!!!!!...

I think we've proven that no matter where you live, if you come here and survive, you ARE a steel magnolia. Love you, gals!

Hangin' In