View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 06:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
dawnrising

Oh my goodness it is crazy town (the man with the shovel). I am so very thankful for choosing a to live my life a different life separate from the chaos. I have come to acceptance on AH although I must say I don't understand (with anyone not just AH) the inability or resistance to self reflect, but I have always been a person who thinks I can do better, have much to learn, etc. I guess I thought those qualities were natural human behavior but I guess they're not. I see my son making some choices that aren't the greatest and much like his momma he learns the hard way. He told me his plans and asked my opinion so I told him and asked some very hard questions that he had not thought of so he didn't really have an answer, then I told him that I hoped he thought about the questions I asked. Then I told him that he's an adult and he gets to choose how he wants to live I hope he thinks about what we talked about and "dives in" to those things. I told him it may not be what you want to hear but I will always tell you the truth, and I will always support your right to choose to live your life how you want to. My son appreciated the advice and told me he loved me and then ..........I actually have not worried about it since. Im guessing he's still going to make a questionable choice that could affect his life for a very long time, but who am I to say that isn't "his" path? I have also come to acceptance that maybe I stayed so long in this situation because it prepared me for all the craziness these last 2 years. I thought the 22 years was the horrible time but maybe it was boot camp for the real battle. So maybe that was "my" path. Who knows, but I gotta say this momma albeit stressed from divorce proceedings is very peaceful every place else. This too shall pass......it may pass like a kidney stone but it will pass eventually.