View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 04:15 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Daisybelle

Morning all and I hope you're well. It's another lovely spring day and all is good.

Suze, my son is in a horrific amount of debt thanks to cocaine, I dread to think how much. I think that part of his resentment towards me is because I won't pay his bills or give him money, I've done all that in the past, he's had hundreds off me and I know without a shadow of a doubt that he would take my last penny and still come back for more. About 6 years ago I put some money on his electricity card for him because he was sat in the dark and I told him then that it would be the very last time and I've stuck to my guns. It's harder than you can imagine to do that, but I had to realise that I was enabling him and nothing was going to change. Nothing has changed with him, he has a pattern, he makes the same bad choices over and over and until he himself sees this and realises that only he can turn his life round, there's nothing more I can do. He's in total denial, the help is all there waiting for him, but he has to reach out for it.
I'm sorry you're having such disturbed sleep and I wonder if that is due to you not having your anti depressants. Definitely get your calendar sorted, that sounds like a good plan. I hope you have an amazing day today. xx

Back later, I may go and do a bit of work in the garden and make the most of the good weather. Love to all of you. xxx

" Five things you can’t control: What other people think of you. What other people do. What happens around you. The outcome of your efforts. The passage of time. So let go and focus on what you can control—what you do today."