Old 03-24-2019, 09:31 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  
360shoes

Wow...$30k. I've lived in homes cheaper than that. I would check to see what Brazil charges for implants. You can probably rent a vacation home, get them all done, and still save money. I had a friend that used to do that years ago. He would go to Brazil for dental work so he got a vacation and his crowns and still saved money. $30k for teeth. Seriously...no wonder 3rd world countries hate us. That and we are so lazy that we won't even get out of our car to get food people have cooked for us. We drive to a window so they can hand it to us. Meanwhile, some woman out in the world is walking 5 miles with a terra cotta pot on her head just to get drinking water. Hey, Trudging. I would do the same thing so I'm not judging. I spent $5k on 3 teeth and I don't get out of my car for a $7 cup of coffee. I just don't understand the world sometimes.

I will still go to meetings Addy. I like the people too. I just couldn't do the working the program right now anymore than I can. I was in rehab years ago so it's not like I don't know it pretty well. I don't really have a problem with knowing how to live a decent life. I just don't give a sh*t to do it when I am drinking. So as long as I don't drink, I do pretty well with SR support. If I get in a pickle, I will reach out to someone before I do anything stupid.

That reminds me of a funny story. When I was in treatment, one of the dude's dad was a pastor. On visiting day, we were showing him the 12 steps and Pastor said "well this sounds like a good way to live. a) you ain't God. b) be honest c) if you mess up, apologize and try to make it right c) help others and don't be selfish". He pretty much summed up the steps pretty well. It was then I realized that when I don't drink, I pretty much know how to live...it's when I drink it all goes out the window.

Have a good one!
xoxo