Old 03-22-2019, 03:08 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  
Addy47

Originally Posted by pupper View Post
Anybody else finding their old insecurities coming back like a freight train? Like, I no longer can think "I acted weird in that conversation last night because I was tipsy" or "I talked too much because I had too much wine" or whatever. Nope, I talk a lot and say things that sometimes make people tilt their heads at me like "Are you ok?" Suddenly remembering all the times I felt like I talked too much as a kid as I was the last person to share in today's morning meeting and had to be reminded of the time and to wrap it up. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I'm a talker. Can I become less of a talker? I dunno. Should I? I dunno. Just feeling a bit foolish and marveling at how much I blamed on the drink when, nope, that's me.

If you need me I'll be hiding under my desk today.
I totally relate! I don't talk in meetings for.that very reason. I'd never stop. Lol. Just be yourself though. My sponsor always says things like:
"What other people think of you is none of your business".
"people aren't thinking about you as much as you think they are."

Those things help too. I think anxiety in early sobriety is very common. Mine has been BAD! I've been told it will get better the longer I'm sober.