View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 10:47 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  
Fearlessat50

Grateful to finally check in this morning
Grateful for all those advocating for the best education for their children
Grateful to hear my son’s karate instructor say (in front of him) that seeing him change so much in a positive direction has been one of the great rewards of teaching karate
Grateful to receive a similar comment from my son’s teacher about how much he has matured, and for commending him for initiating an honest discussion about something important to him.
Grateful to be overwhelmed with positive emotions thinking about how much life has improved, to remember the years we called “the dark ages”, thinking even about the possibility of needing to institutionalize our son back then. There was a time I didn’t even care about living anymore
Grateful to ground myself once again, to remind myself to stay neutral, practice a bit of non attachment, to remember that these good feelings will also pass just as the bad ones do, to embrace changes. Grateful for one day at a time, to be able to stay present and handle things as they come up
Grateful for the music from GOT final episode of season 6, Light of the Seven. I probably won’t meditate to it because of the reminder of the dark scene. But it is beautiful background music as part of my classical genre playlist.
So grateful for my sobriety and all of you here. Xo