View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 02:12 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
kenton

Originally Posted by CrossYourHeart View Post
Howdy. Back safe, sober, and sound from the weekend in San Diego. I’ll never catch up on the thread, so I hope everyone is doing well!

Had a good time in SD. We parasailed, did some kayaking in La Jolla, and went whale watching, where we were lucky enough to have two gray whales surface about 20’ from our boat. Found some good vegan ramen downtown, and even some awesome vegan doughnuts on our way out of town. San Diego is a great place. Like most metro areas, it’s way too crowded for me to live, but it’s sure great to have such a great place close enough to weekend in!

I hope you all are well!
Oh wow! That sounds amazing! How incredible that the whales came so close to your boat. Years ago I went whale watching in Iceland and I'm ashamed to say I was so hungover I caused a bit of a commotion. I was looking out at sea for so long trying to see a whale and it all became a bit mesmerising and I was so tired and hungover, I think I must have dozed off for a moment whilst standing at the side of the boat. When I woke up, I had such a fright .... It's quite disconcerting waking up to find yourself staring out at sea.... So I think I made a kind of squeal and then everyone on the boat rushed over to me because they thought I'd spotted a whale. And I'm ashamed to say that I pretended I had seen something in the distance because I was too embarrassed to admit that I had just nodded off whilst standing upright on a boat. Didn't see any whales that day. I'm so happy you did CrossYourHeart. Your whole weekend sounds fantastic.

And I'm sorry you're feeling unsettled Guener but the thing that strikes me most about your post is your incredible level of introspection. If you can be that self-aware, you have maximum chance of managing your emotions. Remember that every emotion originates from a thought. So when you recognise the anxiety, disappointment and anger, really try to focus in on your thoughts. What are you thinking? And is there any way you can change those thoughts in some way? Change your thoughts .... change your emotions. It always works that way round. Sending you lots of love and support.

Love to everyone and 24 more for me please xxx