Old 03-17-2019, 07:01 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  
pupper

Good morning everyone! Checking in quickly as my husband showers - we’re off with his parents this morning, then they’ll drop me at my father & brother’s house while they go off shopping, so I can check in on them, take care of a few things for them... apologies for any autocorrects as I speed through this reply.

Foie Gras, you can do this. I was very nearly in your position this week. I echo others’ gentle suggestions about being gentle with yourself regarding dieting, at least until you get your 90 days under your belt. This is my aim - to get my asthma under control, do some cardio, get to day 90, then try dieting. Gently. Because part of the reason why I drank is body shame, self hatred, trauma over being bullied for my weight, other trauma - food was a drug to me too. And I anticipate having a hard time making peace with food because unlike alcohol I can’t abstain. So one thing at a time. I am sending you waves of love and acceptance. Do you follow any body positive social media accounts? They help me SO MUCH. Bodyposipanda is a favorite. Have a peek and see if she helps you like she helps me.

OK, the shower has turned off! I have to run, but I appreciate and value you all. Thank you for being here - on line, and in this space of new sobriety with me. One day at a time.

Oh and I can’t figure out how to like comments from my phone but I like all of them!! 💗