View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 05:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
boreas

Anna,

You’ll find plenty of folks, including myself, that saw a dramatic improvement in appearance after quitting. My own hair was dry as a chip and brittle, but is now obnoxiously healthy. I did have a loss of the outer third of my eyebrows, which can be an indicator of thyroid troubles. My blood work checked out, but between that and other indicators of hormone troubles, along with the litany of other reasons to quit, I did.

Happy to say that my ‘brows are back. Along with clear skin, weight loss, and looking better generally than I did 10 years ago. I’m approaching menopause, so nothing stays the same, but many ailments I blamed on my 40’s have vanished. Along with that is an immeasurable peace of mind.

You’ll find lots of great resources here to educate yourself about the many reasons why and ways that people seek sobriety. I certainly identify with your wanting a good, firm, external reason to force you to choose. I struggled with finding a “reason” to quit for a long time. I ended up discovering that quitting gives me back the life I didn’t know I was missing, and the rewards of sobriety continue to reveal themselves.

Best wishes,
-bora