View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 07:43 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  
Free2bme888

Hi everyone!

John, Solly, Willow, bumblebee, Guener—-and of course our ever faithful Dee!

I posted these pictures on the bedtime gratitude list and I thought I’d share them here for everyone to enjoy. Perhaps it will bring some good feelings in rough times.

This first one is the view out of the kitchen area of the house I’m renting the bedroom from.

The second one is looking back toward where I started to Hiking from last night because I wanted to take a quick walk before the sun went down over the mountains

I’ve been through quite a few rough patches this week and the AV came calling a few times but I dismissed it.

Because we are all going to make our one year we all are going to and I know it!

We are also close together, and even though we don’t post all the time we know we love each other so much and support each other. Without all of your support, and prayers I would not be where I am today.

I started orientation yesterday at the hospital and it seems to be going well. I can’t wait to get to my unit and start the real work.

Guener, It’s also OK if you have feelings that you are relieved about your dad’s death at the same time you are sad about it. You haven’t mentioned it but just in case you’re wondering and you have that feeling, I just thought I’d let you know that it is totally normal.

Bumble, sometimes marriages are like that they just go on a plateau for a while.

One of my favorite stories from my pastor said, “do you know sometimes you’re laying next to your spouse and you wake up in the morning and you look over at them and you think ‘I would just like to bonk them over the head with a baseball bat’, or ‘I wonder what my life would be like and how good I would have it without him/her’”. The pastor said, “what an impossible promise—‘till death do us part...I will love you forever every day’”.

He said those thoughts described above, those Menacing thoughts are normal. Because sometimes love is not a feeling. It is an act. And instead of hitting your spouse over the head with a baseball bat, you put on your slippers and you go downstairs and make coffee.

And you make your spouses coffee the way they like it, and you bring it up to them, and even though you don’t feel like it—you kiss them on the fore head and you gently wake them up and say “I brought you some coffee, good morning”

And you need to do that sometimes for a few days or sometimes for a few weeks. Act like you love them… And guess what? Those feelings will come back!

———-——————————-